Counter Tops FAQ: Answered
How do I care for my counter tops?
The answer to this question is different for different customers. Check out the links below for more specific details about what it takes to keep your specific type of counter top clean:
What information is required for an estimate/order?
The information required for an estimate is relatively minor. However, to make an order, you need detailed information about colors, finishes, measurements and more. Click over to our Contact Us page and look under Estimate & Order Guidelines for more details about all that you’ll need.
Will you come to the job site for an estimate?
No, we do not come to the job site to provide estimates. We work off sketches and measurements and provide a final price once the plans for your counter tops are finalized. Call for more details or use our estimates page for information.
What type of counter tops do you install?
We install almost every kind of counter top there is. From cost-effective options like laminate to expensive, elegant options, we provide a variety of styles. You can find a complete list of the types of counter tops we install on our counter top materials page, or just call our staff for complete details!
Do you install kitchen cabinetry?
No, we do not install any kitchen cabinetry. Our areas of expertise are counter tops and under-mount sinks.
When is the showroom open?
We’re open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and we invite you to stop by for a look at our selection. You’ll be assisted by a trained, knowledgeable salesperson who understands how to find a product that fits your budget and your project’s needs!
What payments do you accept?
At this time, we’re only accepting cash and check payments.
Do I need a down payment?
Yes, for certain materials. A down payment of 50% is required for quartz and solid surface counter top projects.
Can I place a hot pan on my counter top?
Regardless of what material your counter tops are, it’s never a good idea to place something hot on them. While some counter top materials may be resistant to heat, that doesn’t mean it’s a replacement for a hot pad.
What are some common options with regard to counter top construction that will add to the final cost of my counter top?
There are numerous options with regard to counter top construction. Some are designed amenities such as end splashes, aprons and radius corners. Other options may be added as a result of your specific project’s needs – all options will add to the final cost. Here are explanations of some of the common options for counter tops. Contact a J&W sales representative for additional information.
- End splash: Creates a continuation of the backsplash on the wall-end of a counter.
- Apron: A vertical section of counter that hangs below the front and/or side perimeter.
- Diagonal Corner (w/ shelf): L-shaped counters only. Creates a shelf across the back of the counter that connects the L.
- Range Cut-out: Creates space in counter for installation of a cooktop/range
- Self-rimming Sink Cut-out: Creates space in counter for installation of a self-rimming sink.
- Under-mount Sink Cut-out: Creates space in counter for installation of the under-mount sink – eliminates exposed rim of traditional self-rimming sink application.
- Arc (2”, 3”, 4” or 6”): Available on island tops only. Arcs create a round (horizontal) contour to a counter’s finished end.
- Full Radius: Similar to an arc, only the full radius creates an arc whose
dimensions are relative to the counter’s width. Available on island tops only.
- Radius Corners: Provide rounded (soft) corners to a counter’s finished end.
Where can I find more answers?
You’re always more than welcome to call our staff with your questions about counter tops, sinks, quartz or anything else that we provide. We’re more than happy to provide the assistance you need! We can be reached at 217.544.0876.