Solid Surfacing is an elegant material available
in a variety of colors and granite-like patterns. It gives a rich, luxurious
feeling to kitchen counters, work islands, wet bars, vanity tops, windowsills,
tabletops, and many other applications. A product of sophisticated modern
technology, Solid Surfacing is resistant to heat, stains, bacteria, and
impact. It is nonporous, with the same color and pattern running throughout
its thickness–hence, seams are difficult, if not impossible to
see. This combination of features provides an aesthetically pleasing
appearance that is easy to care for. Thus, its beauty can be preserved
for years to come.
- 3/8” Roundover
- Bull Nose
- Bevel Edge
- 1/8 Eased Edge
There are numerous options with regard to counter
top construction. Some are design amenities such as end splashes, aprons
and radius corners. Others such as out of square miters and sink cut
outs are integral to a specific installation. All add to the counter’s
total cost. Here are explanations of some of the common amenity options
for counter tops. Contact a J&W sales representative for additional
- End splash: Creates a continuation of the backsplash on the wall-end
of a counter.
- Apron: A vertical section of counter that hangs below the front and/or
- Diagonal Corner (w/shelf): L-shaped counters only. Creates a shelf
across the back of the counter that connects the L.
- Range Cut-out: Creates space in counter for installation of a cooktop/range
- Self-rimming Sink Cut-out: Creates space in counter for installation
of a self-rimming sink.
- Under-mount Sink Cut-out: Creates space in counter for installation
of under-mount sink–eliminates exposed rim of traditional
self-rimming sink application.
- Arc (2”, 3”, 4” or 6”): Available on island tops
only. Arcs create a round (horizontal) contour to a counter’s
- Full Radius: Similar to an arc, only the full radius creates and arc
whose dimensions are relative to the counter’s
width. Available on island tops only.
- Radius Corners: Provide rounded (soft) corners to a counter’s
Solid Surface counters can be constructed for virtually
any cabinet dimensions.